• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Very scared

Hello everyone !

My name is Yvonne and I'm prepping this evening for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. I'm really hypersensitive to a lot of medications. ! Year ago I tried to do this and had a very bad reaction to the laxative that they prescribed. I had to pull my car over and ended up doubled over in pain in the middle of the street screaming. The construction workers had to call an ambulance.

The doctor prescribed something called Moviprep.. I will admit this stuff is hard to drink...but...that's not what is stopping me as the fear of going through having that dreadful pain again.
I know that there's something wrong with my colon but I can never seem to do the prep so, I'm afraid that I'm never going to find out what's wrong....

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome to the forum von53mac.I hope this colonoscopy is a better experience than your last one.Does your doctor know about your previous experience?

Good luck

dave13

Forum Monitor
Your very welcome.The forum is a great place to find/give support and share knowledge and ask questions.I encourage you to poke around and check it out.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.Is someone taking you? If you will be sedated you will need a driver.Another person can act as advocate for when your a bit groggy and help keep information straight too.

Good luck

Good evening everyone !

I was not able to go through with the colonoscopy this morning. I just became to stressed about to many things...So, I went and talked with Debbie, my triage Nurse and she is really being a lot of support, trying to guide me through the process.

They gave me something different ( Suprep) I think this is one of the better ones.. So I start the whole process again tomorrow morning...I so wish that I didn't have this terrible anxiety disorder...I know that this probably would be so much easier...I'm just dealing with a lot of fear.

I do want to thankyou again Dave for getting back to me, and also your support. It does really help..:smile:

dave13

Forum Monitor
Hi Yvonne,yeah,stress can really mess with you.Stress can really exacerbate our disease and yet,so many things with this disease causes us to experience a large and frequent amount of it.

Maybe if you think how having the colonoscopy can relieve some stress you feel will help you go through with it.This test is a tool you can use to form a plan to move forward.

I get nervous because I don't know if I want to see the results of tests.With the support of fellow crohnies I've learned you really need to know what you are up against.The earlier we detect something,the sooner we can be proactive and fight.We don't want to hear the news,but that does not change the truth.

Does someone go with you? If you have someone you can talk to or even just be there,it can help.My hospital I go to the most calls these people advocates.They encourage bringing someone with you,another set of ears and eyes as well as support.

If you bring yourself,maybe thinking of the support you have here will help.Last I checked there were 400,00+ on the forum.Knowing someone has felt similar to how you feel and gone through what you are about to go through may give a little extra strength that you need.

My rambling way of saying I hope it goes well tomorrow.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Sorry I'm late in on this, what a horrible experience! I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a hard time, we all know that feeling of dread that comes with preps and colonoscopies. I hope the new prep is much better for you and you are able to make it to your scope.

Once you've done the prep the scope should be a walk in the park in comparison. Make sure your nurses and doctor know how nervous you are and they will help you get through it. Sending big hugs and positive thoughts. Let us know how you get on and if there's anything else we can help you with then don't hesitate to ask us.