• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Video capsule endoscopy

Hi Im just wondering if anyone has had a video capsule placed with endoscopy? Ive had a video capsule done before but when I did the fake one this time it didnt make it past my stomach. My doctor said he wants to place it endoscopic. Im just a little worried about it getting stuck somewhere further down if they force it through. thanks

Yes, think long and hard before agreeing to surgery. I had 20cm removed in a resection on Mar 24th. The thinking was that I had built up scar tissue over time, causing a narrowing, and not controllable through Humira and prednisone. Unfortunately, and with a good deal of really lousy luck, a CT showed the crohn's returned after only 8 weeks! Last week I was back in the hospital with another blockage.
Not to be totally dismal, I was in remission for over 35 years!

Just curious how were your symptoms because up until very recently I mainly just had a lot of bathroom trips very very minimal bleeding and of course a lot of pain but more recently I've had a few times of constipation but it felt like it was just ripping my insides apart then when the video capsule wouldn't go past my stomach it got me kind of worried because it took almost a year for my crohn's to actually surface where they could see it and diagnose it and it seemed to escalate quickly after that I guess I'm worried about the scar tissue like you are saying