• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Video endoscopy tomorrow

I am scheduled for a video endoscopy tomorrow I have been waiting for a long time. In the meantime I have started with symptoms again. They always start with abdominal sharp pains in waves and low abdomen pressure and pain dull. I have D since yesterday. I really don't want to put off this test tomorrow I am hoping it will give me a final diagnosis whether or not I really have Crohns or not. I really hate taking medicine if I don't really have the disease. What should I do? I was hoping with this clear liquid diet it would calm my gi system down but it really is not. The pain itself is calming down as well. The last 2 bouts landed me in the hospital due to pain. Could the pain be less because of the Pentasa keeping the inflammation down. The last 2 CT scans showed severe swelling in the ileum, but biopsies came back negative from colonoscopy and endoscopy. One blood work test (Ansa) I think came back positive. Should I call the doctor to see if I should be treated or wait and see approach?
I really don't want to wait another 6 weeks or so after a course of pred to have this video test done. Thoughts??????
Right now I am ok with the pain. It is tolerable.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I would wait til after your video endscopy, if your Gi is doing it he should be able to help you tomorrow, and ask questions. Are you in the US? The pain will lessen when you are on fluids it did me with my colonoscopy last week but the next day ouch. I know you are frustrated, and I had the same thing at my first dx... Ct scan showed nothing, colonoscopies showed something, blood cell count normal but fevers... it is very tricky, not all test pin point exactly what is going on. I hope you feel better, try to hang in there for your test, if you still feel bad or in pain go to the ER if you are in alot of pain. You could have IBS too, they will rule it out hang in there!!

Hi MissMel, i know this is probably late, with the forum being down, but i really hope you go ahead with the endoscopy today. better to get it done while there are signs, greater chance that they will find something, i would think. I hope that it can give you some answers. I also have been having struggles with getting a diagnosis, and can deffinately relate to the feelings you are having. wishing you luck!

Thanks, I am sitting here with this contraption attached to me. I am praying my symptoms so something! I would love to know what this pain and D are all about. I always said to the doc that the prednisone takes it all away since I seem to be a mild case. Today it is different. I am doing a bit better today. I have never had D last this long since Wednesday. I am very surprised. Maybe my new Doc is right. He has always felt this is Crohn's and I kept saying nah... I am sure it just a bug.
I am sorry to hear you have been struggling with a diagnosis as well. My original episode was in Nov 2008 then nothing till Oct 2009 and again this week. I stopped looking for an answer after my first episode's colonoscopy came back clean. This last Oct was very different and I have been doing test after test. How are you holding up? What is next on your agenda for testing?

thanks MissMel,
I'm struggling emotionally with dealing with all this....frustrated. I'm hoping to request a video endoscopy from them next time i see the gastro, because my colonoscopy was not normal, but also not abnormal.