• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Visit to Endoscopy unit in my area

Hi everyone
My local crohn's and colitis UK group have arranged a visit to the endoscopy unit at my local hospital. Its for those who have IBD or their families. Basically its supposed to be a "behind the scenes" thing where you get to see it from the other side.
My mum and sister are really interested in going, but I'm not so sure.
I haven't had a scope for a couple of years, but just the thought of going there is giving me a stomach ache!!
I can't find the letter right now so I can't quote you exactly what it said it would be about.
Thought I would open it up to discussion to see your views on it.
Would you go if it was in your area? Do you think it would be comforting to understand more about what happens? Or do you want to stay as far away from that place as possible if you don't have to be there?

rygon

Im wondering what you would really get from it, as we are awake the whole procedure so know what happens inside you, maybe you will learn a bit of what they are looking for and what dangers can be involved I guess (to a greater degree than what they put on the letter). Personally I wouldnt be too bothered about going as I know what I need to know, but if I was in the area with some spare time I might pop in.