• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Vitamin B12 Injections

For the past couple of months, I have been absolutely exhausted.... I was curious about B12 injections. I think I'll ask my GP about them but I also thought I'd ask for those of you who have had them. Thanks!!

I take the B12 injections every couple of weeks, but I don't notice a big difference. My daughter, on the other hand, can always tell when she needs a shot and feels a lot more energetic and just "on the ball" when she gets one.

I get them once a month. If I don't get them I sleep usually 6 hours more into the day. Have you had any bowel resections?

I get them once a month. If I don't get them I sleep usually 6 hours more into the day. Have you had any bowel resections?
Nope! Trying to put off surgery as long as possible...

And yeah, lately I've been sleeping until 2pm. Ridiculous!!!

Ya you should ask you're doctor about it. It's not expensive and it's easily administered and it won't do any bad to get it if you don't need it.

I get one monthly. Like Tina I do not notice a difference. I know it does give a lot of people a boost.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I get one every other month - with my Remicade infusion....I don't really notice a difference...I haven't seen what my levels are lately either.....

I did have a bad B-12 level to the point I was really tired. As soon as I started giving myself B-12, I felt a lot better. I think it only helps if you are depleted and then it makes a huge difference. I was told due to my surgery for crohns I would be on them my entire life. Does not bother me to give myself the shots. Very inexpensive.

I believe vitamin b12 is absorbed in the terminal ileum and that is what was removed from us who have had the resection.

I just got my first B12 shot today. I was in the low normal range so my GP wanted me to start taking them to see if it helps with my fatigue and some mouth issues I am having. I will let you know if I notice a difference. I sure would love to have more energy. I also found out I am deficient in vitamin D too.