• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Wafer pulling on abdomen?

My abdomen looks like its being suction cupped to my barrier. It's domed out underneath where the barrier is. It actually looks like I put a huge suction cup there and pulled it off and now the skin and everything dome out. It doesn't hurt but looks very strange and im concerned it could cause a problem.

Has anyone else seen/heard of this?

Nyx

Mine doesn't really dome out, but you can see where my wafer sits...it's a different colour (a bit reddish)...mine doesn't hurt either, so I don't worry about it.

Terriernut

Jenna, what does it look like after you take it off? Is your skin still domed?

Reason I ask is, you may be getting a parastomal hernia. Let's hope not. They start small.

When I cough I push against my stoma. But I have been coughing a lot lately due to a cold I'm getting over. When I lay down it does go away and at night. It seems to come up through out the day.

Nooooooooo! I hope your wrong too, and I mean that in a good way.
I see my doc on wed to get my butt cauterized ill have him look at it.

Hey Jenna, hope that it isn't serious. When I remove everything to take a "naked" shower (LOL I change every Wed and Sunday) you can see where the wafer sat and it's somewhat reddish, but will then disappear. NOt sure about a dome, though, sorry. Um, what do you mean getting your bum cauterized? Curious, bacause I had a hematoma cut off my bum incision and some scar tissue cut away, and now going back to the operating room for a more serious revision as my body betrays me. No hernias allowed! Hang in there. Dana:cat:

Our bodies betray us a lot don't they?
I had my procotocolectomy in oct and my rear end is still open. It never healed all the way on its own so the doc is going to cauterize it shut! I feel like an open book, literally lol

annawato

Staff member
Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed that it isn't a hernia and that the cauterisation isn't too painful. Sounds ouch!