• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Waiting is the hardest part

Hi everyone! Hope this day finds you all have a good day. That is how I have summed up my days of late. I have good days where I can make it through work, sit in traffic on the way home, actually make dinner, and sleep all night. And then I have the dreaded bad days where it takes all my effort to put one foot in front of the other.

Mine all started in Jan of 2015. Went to the ER because my side hurt real bad, and everyone thought it was my appendix. The did a CT scan, but my appendix looked fine. Gave me some pain meds and sent me on my way. Fast forward a few days, pain was awful, I hadn't had a BM in 4 days (not even gas) and I felt like I was 9 months pregnant (looked like I was about to have twins)! Went to the Dr., she referred me back to the ER so here we go again. This time the CT scan showed Pancolitis. I was admitted for 3 days, given loads of antibiotics. Upon my discharge, a GI Dr came in for about 15 seconds and said that I need to follow up with a GI because my liver enzymes were really high. Needless to say, I felt better and had to get back to my life so I ignored it. (Who says wisdom comes with age? :ycool:)

Fast forward to the beginning of this month. Started having the pain again, no appetite and very nauseous. Bathroom habits would change between pink and loose, to constipation, to pink and loose again. And the fatigue!!! I could barely walk my dog and would fall asleep driving to work). Finally made an appointment with a GI. My discharge papers from Jan stated I had UC. He did a complete blood work test and that came back positive for Crohn's. I have a colonoscopy on Monday and I hope they can decide what is going on. I was put on Lialda and it does help the pain, a little bit. I still get short stabs sometimes and the tiredness hits me upside the head like a baseball bat. :ybatty:

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I know that my situation is very mild compared to others, but it still kinda sucks some times. :(

Welcome!

Sometimes UC and crohns can be very hard to distinguish. I am one of the cases where even more than a year after diagnosis they still can't tell. Glad you are getting a scope, hopefully that will clear it up. Never if your case is mild this is an awesomely supportive forum. It is nice to be able to talk to people who 'get it'.

Thanks Frozen Girl! I hope Monday clears up some answers. Its good to find a place where people understand the frustrations. My husband is awesome, but I can tell sometimes he doesn't "get it". He seems to get confused on how some days I feel great and the very next day I am awful.

Glad I found this site! :)

Honey

Staff member
Hi there and welcome,
I hope all your tests go well and they diagnose soon, finding the right treatment for you. Yes, it is not easy when you feel so unwell and have to go through tests. I had poor digestive system for years and was only diagnosed with Crohns when it became acute, severe pain. I am currently doing well.
Let me know how you are. This site is great for sharing our experiences although we are all individuals when it comes to treatment. :
rosette1::