• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weakness in legs from cimzia?

I take cimzia --two injections every four wks. I have been taking these shots for about a year. Have notice some improvement of Crohn's symptoms, but not a big improvement. Recently it seems everytime I do another injection then I have different side effects afterward However there is one side effect that seems to never go away and that's significant weakness in the legs. After I walk up stairs, or sometimes even a short distance my legs just feel completely exhausted like I can't walk any farther. I do go to the gym 2-3x per week and still have these issues. Does anyone else get this? I also have found that I am very sensitive on the skin, where I experience a lot of pain from even just accidentally stubbing my toe. It's like the pain lingers when it never did before. I just don't want to turn into what remicade did to me, where I had to stop taking remicade due to sever joint problems. Thanks for any help you can provide.

nogutsnoglory

I don't see anything about it contributing to leg cramps. If you feel it might be you can call the company to inquire if that is a side effect.

Thanks ill talk to the Dr. I'm also suspecting Iron which has dropped
To 5% saturation. Having iron this level can contribute as well.