• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weight gain

I am currently on 30 mg of prednisone daily, next week I will go down 5 mg and 5 mg every week until I am finished. I have developed the dreaded moon face, and since I've been home from the hospital almost 4 weeks I have gained 20 pounds back which I am not so OK with. Once I go off the prednisone will it be easier to lose weight again ? I am currently 40 pounds overweight. The doctor has me on a low residue diet which is tough because there are a lot of white carbs in it, but I'm trying to eat smaller portions which is also tough because prednisone makes me want to eat!!!!

Tony H

I was o pred for over 6 months and it can give you a good appetite , it was good for me as I needed to increase weight after surgery , after I finally got off the pred the appetite did ease off and i'm gradually losing the extra weight ,
I find the best way to loose weight is to grill all your fish and meat and steam all the veg .