• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weight gaining food for Crohn´s?

I have lost more than 10 kg since I got Crohn´s and need to know which food I have to eat in order to gain weight. I want to stay clear from red meat. I have noticed that chicken fat is laxative in my gut system, so I can´t eat much of that either.

Are there anybody here who can give me some advices regarding this problem?

Smooth peanut butter - avocado - bananas are all really good foods to enjoy. Ensure plus Calories offers a high protein shake with 320 calories per 8 oz. You could always add that to your day as well. Any nut butter is good protein and nutitrious and are usually high in calories.

Coconut milk blended with banana, berries and a blob of almond butter. The full fat stuff from a can not the diluted version they sell as fake milk. Add a little water if needed for consistency.

D

Deleted member 444898

two recipes that worked for me breakfast

1 porridge served sprinkled with Demerara sugar single cream.

2 Greek full fat yogurt acacia honey coconut water 2 egg yolks & strawberries blitz in a smoothie

D

Deleted member 444898

Ensure compact: small 125 ml drink if you’re struggling to eat, I found they helped, small easy to drink 300kcal.