• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weight is up

S

Skinsfan1229

So my weight is up to 145, and I was 94 in May. Thats pretty good. I've only been over 125 once besides this WHILE having crohns....and that was when i was on remicade, I gained up to 177.

i feel pretty good, nothing is being used to make me gain weight I'm just eating, eating what i want i guess.

Ya nice skins my weight is up to around 155 now that's the most I have ever weighed and I'm 5'7"... Granted now I have lots of strech marks to go along with the crohn's surgery scar on my belly, but I just look at the strech marks and the scars as war wounds and I wear them as a badge of honor showing that I have been through all of this and I'm still around...

S

Skinsfan1229

Yea I'm also only 5'7. But I started out as 5'9 and over the 4 years have shrunk, from the crohns and the extended steriods use.

Hope all is going well with your health!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Great to hear Chris!

I think there are not many people who celebrate weight gain as us people with Crohn's Disease (or any IBD really) :D!

Hey man how did you get past thirty pounds. I just can't seem to break that weight. My maximum was 131 and now I am somewhere in the 120's depending on the day.

I am so happy for you man.

Keep up the good work. Just remember to excercise to keep it from turning into fat. Do body weight excercises and it will help you maintain the weight and keep up whatever you are doing now.

S

Skinsfan1229

Actually I used to not be able to get above like 125, until now, for years. The only time I did was when on Remicade, which I got to 177 somehow.

I dont really know, I'm not eating that much , just normal, so maybe my body is absorbing better now, which means the disease is less active! maybe?!

Thats great man. Its weird because my GI said I have no signs of inflammation at all. Maybe I should get a better multi-vitamin.

S

Skinsfan1229

I dont really like multivitamins, I just take a few vitamins, seperately, prescription if possible that waay i can THINK its better then OTC.

D

DannyB

Don't you find it very strange how you can go to sleep and wake up in the morning weighing differently than before you went to bed! I don't know where that came from but it's just one of these bizarre things I wanted to share!

S

Skinsfan1229

yea it is odd. But they do say your weight in the morning is your real weight.

J

Janet

Oh wow that is amazing!! Good for you :) I don't know what has happened to my body since I got to college--I've been too lazy to weigh myself

its kind of scary for me.. i vary from 140-160 every day..... right now its 156.. i bet tommorow same time its going to be 140... O_O

J

Janet

Okay I weighed myself when I went to my friend's house this weekend and I went from 97 in September to 105. Go me!!

S

Skinsfan1229

Thats so good Janet, keep it up, whatever your doing, keep eating it, maye even try to eat more of it!