• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weird, innit?

So, all in all, I've been on Pred for 5 months now. Started at 20, tapered to 10, had to go up to 40, stayed at 30 for a month and am tapering 5 every two weeks. Not too bad: a little jowly, a little pot bellied.
Until this last week. Why is it when I'm tapering that my face and belly seem to have ballooned? People are even mentioning to me now.

Jessi

I noticed that on me too! I didn't have the moonface until I started to taper. And now that I've been off of prednisone for a couple months, I still have jowls! Definitely weird!

I've noticed some people have said they get side effects from the Pred, some get them from tapering. Some people get different side effects at different points in the process. :yfaint:

I hope the "moon face" isn't too bad for you and it goes away soon.

I am incredibly lucky as I have been on pred since october 10 and not mooning yet!
Have got a bit of a pot belly though-very attractive..skinny arms and legs and a pot belly..will soon start oinking.

We should do a pred calendar for Crohn's fundraisning, the calendar girls will have nothing on us.

Weird!!! I have been on preds so many times over the years, they would have their beauty effects then but not now, nothing when I'm on them not even HUGE IV doses then BAM I put some weight on 6 weeks after I finished them, strange!!! and no I'm not pregnant again as some in-laws are thinking when I see them looking out of side of their eyes. I too have the skinny arms, legs and the pot belly hahahaha I'm up for pred calendar ;)