• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weird poops - for me anyway!

For the past five days my poops have been nothing more than what I am calling "little mucus balls". Since coming off prednisone and being on imuran, I have been having fairly normal poops, about once or twice in the morning. Now I am going all day, but it is just little balls that have a lot of mucus in them. Other than that no real pain, just a lot of fatigue which I've had since coming off prednisone. Should I be concerned? Anyone else have this?

Hey, I had this at the start of my flare, they started off as like what your described then turning into like (sorry only way I can describe it) stringy snot and had streaks of blood as well, very attractive. Do you have a temperature? Could be an infection of some sort? Or have you eaten something to upset you? Or it could just be a bit of something that wants to come out and will go away on it's own, which I know sounds a bit weird, but sometimes I get days where my poops is fine, then all of a sudden I get a ton of mucus, then I'm back to normal again. I'd keep an eye and if you get worried, call the doc. If anything, it will put your mind at ease. Well done on getting off the Pred!!