• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weird Sores?

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I know that sores inside the nose have been covered in other threads. I have recently discovered that I have a sore (not noticeable thank goodness) on the outer corner of my nose, and on my left earlobe. This is not first time that I've had a sore on my earlobe. I never thought it was related to my CD. I have pierced ears but because my children are small and clingy, I really don't wear earrings anymore. Has anyone else had sores on the outside of their noses or on their ears? Could it be CD related?

Hey, I have had sores on the inside and outside of my nose and also around my ears and scalp my GP gave me some antibiotic cream for it. Never thought of it being crohn's related until reading posts on this forum but seems a few people have these problems. Have you had them checked out by a doctor? x

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I have but the doctor didn't seem to have an answer for me. I think I'll ask my GI doctor about them with my next visit. I've never had sores on my earlobes until recently. Weird!

Crohn's Mom

Andi did the sores start before or after your (non) strep throat?
Do they produce any puss?
I ask because they sound like the sores Gab gets and is being treated for..which is a skin staph infection.
Strep, left untreated, can lead to a staph infection and with your already weakened immune system from CD I don't think you should mess around with them.
Did you find out at the doctors today if you indeed have strep like everyone else in your household ?
Please be careful...and if you see any more "sores" then you may want to have the doctor take a culture. :)
Feel better !

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
The doctor still insists that my test is negative, but she put me on Keflex to be safe because strep is in our family. The sores turned up before anyone became sick. I looked at the one on my earlobe and it really looks like a cold sore on my ear. I have heard of people getting the staph infections. It could be. I'm hoping the antibiotics kick in and that I feel better soon.

Crohn's Mom

Well yippee for the genius doc ! <insert sarcasm> It took her long enough!
I'm glad you have some meds now..hopefully that will take care of the sores as well.
Just keep an eye on them because some strains of staph infections have become antibiotic resistant, and there are only a few meds that will treat them.
Good luck..hope the meds get you feeling better quick!
Rest! :)

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thank you for the heads up regarding staph. It's scary as to how many things are becoming resistant to antibiotics. I applaud you for your sarcasm! She could have saved me the problem a couple of days ago. I feel like I had to prolong feeling lousy. Snarking and grumbling!!!

I have eczema behind my left ear. It cracks and weeps and I put cortizone on it when it gets really bad. I thought it was a sore at first but the doc says its eczmea.

yep i have sores on my scalp

yep i have sores on my scalp i have a big sore on my lift leg and it hurts i have no idea what i done to my leg to hurt it i have not hit it on anything i will see if i can post a pic of it its very red and the redness is spreading down my leg it looks bad i dont know if i should go to the doctor for it or not

I get cold sores on my mouth and also in my nose...luvvly.
If the sores always are in the same place then it could be cold sores as they tend to go to the same location. If the location varies it may be impetigo. You could ask for a nasal swab to see if you are a carrier of staph.

Astra

My first thought was Impetigo too. A few years back I got a sore on my chin, it spread like wildfire! Doc said it was Impetigo, this happens with little RugRats being around you!

It also looks like Impetigo on your photo-mayhavecrohns

hope you both feel better soon
xxx