• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What are all the complication that come from IBD

I find it very frustrating trying to show my loved ones the burden that this disease has. they think that I just make it up in my head. i know that many problems can results from complications from IBD. what are they?
also, for my own sanity, what can cause death from these? i am worrying myself sick that i might have lymphoma from remicade but aside from medication problems, what are the complications of IBD?

scottsma

There are many complications ,but please don't scare yourself silly. Many people lead normal lives.School.college,work,raising a family and holidays abroad.I could go on,but you get the idea.That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of sick / very sick IBDers..
You need a good GI and treatment that suits you personally.Crohns is a sneaky disease as it will take you by surprise and throw a spanner in the works,when you think all's going well....BUT it might never happen.You alone know your own body,and if you don't feel right for you,go to the Doctor or worse case scenario,the emergency room.

I'm sorry you're not getting the support you need from your family,but you will always get support and advice from the forum .

Scipio

...also, for my own sanity, what can cause death from these? i am worrying myself sick that i might have lymphoma from remicade but aside from medication problems, what are the complications of IBD?
The risk of lymphoma from Remicade is very low. The health risks from uncontrolled Crohn's are far greater: bowel blockages and/or fistulas requiring surgery, increased risk of colon cancer, etc.

Bufford

Life itself is full of risks. Any number of complications can arise but don't dwell on them, instead cope. Deal with your symptoms and have the doctor work with you for an approach to best control your condition.
I went undiagnosed until mid life with Crohn's and I am now into retirement. There certainly is life when living with Crohn's. Keeping positive can be difficult, but its one step in maintaining a level of remission.