• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What are the chances of stopping Humira?

I am going to be starting Humira in next few weeks. What are the chances of reaching a remissions state and being able to stop Humira altogether? Or is it something you have to stay on forever???

I am going to be starting Humira in next few weeks. What are the chances of reaching a remissions state and being able to stop Humira altogether? Or is it something you have to stay on forever???
It is life long unless you stop having positive effects.

Yes, Michelle its a life long relationship :) If you go off of it, you will have the negative effects from it ( flares). Your like me, a humira lifer. Unless you have a reaction of some sort where your Doctor stops it.