• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What are you thankful for today?

My family has a nightly ritual around the dinner table of each person saying something that he or she is thankful for. I've found for me that that daily practice of taking time to be mindful of things that are going well is good for keeping positive and putting things in perspective. Having had a lot of Crohn'sy worries on my mind recently, I've appreciated the little breath of fresh air this brings each evening. I thought it might be a good to share some of that positivity around here and hear some of the good things going on in each others' lives.

So, what are you thankful for today?

I'm so angry with myself because whenever I'm in hospital, I tell myself over and over that if I'm at home, not in hospital, and with my dog, that's all I want and I should never stop appreciating it. And when I'm in pain, that even changes to, if I can just be pain-free, I'll be thankful for that. But then of course I get out of hospital, and I'm not in pain, and yet I can't just be satisfied and appreciate that.

So today I am thankful for being at home (even though I'm worrying constantly how long this is going to last for) and I'm thankful for my dog.

I am thankful to see my daughter smile again and not be in as much pain as she has been, and hopeful this is a start of a long remission.

I am thankful for being in a country that taking my kid to the hospital or for expensive tests won't potentially put me in massive debt.

I am now thankful to sit through a whole movie with my daughter without her having to go the bathroom so I don't have to explain what she missed.