• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What could it be? 😞

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but just after a little advice, I've suffered with IBS for around 18 years, but symptoms have been very minimal for around 4 years now and had no medication at all since. For the last 3 months or so I have had mucus & bleeding, sometime feel like a need a BM and all I get is a little bloody mucus..occasional constipation but no diarrhoea or pain, no other symptoms.
I've been to the GP who's done bloods and 2 stool samples. Bloods and first sample came back fine, second sample has come back as inflamed bowel. I'm not sure on my readings until I speak to the GP tomorrow, but I'm starting to panic that it may be something really serious. Thank you in advance for any advice x

Bufford

Has there been any changes to your diet or where you shop for your groceries? Also has there been any environmental changes to your residence or work place? Look for any changes that may have an effect on your health.

Has there been any changes to your diet or where you shop for your groceries? Also has there been any environmental changes to your residence or work place? Look for any changes that may have an effect on your health.
Hi, thanks for your reply, I have changed my diet slightly, I had a baby 7 months ago so just trying to shed the extra pounds, but my diets a lot healthier than it was, I also exercise 3 times per week, I don't smoke and don't drink excessively. It's just to strange as I have no other symptoms apart from the blood/mucous.