• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What do you feel when you have a crohns attack?

I'm interested to know if you all feel the same kind of pain when you have a crohns attack? Is your pain lasting? Does it come in waves? Do u get goosebumps? Chills?

This is how my pain is ; basically I get waves of writhing twisting pain which within a second or two causes goosebumps and chills as well for about a minute, then it slowly goes away ( kind of like real ocean waves, but slowly fading the pain.). After that I feel really weak like I have just run a marathon.
Usually I would have diarreaa just after the pain starts, but now I have a colostomy so this isn't really an issue any more for me.

I am really interested to know what everyone else feels?

:)

repeatable attack

One of the more repeatable attacks I had over the years was:

1.) Intestines would stop and clamp down
2.) Nothing would move.
3.) Light cramps, mild pain
3.) As stuff just stayed there in stomach I would feel more and more nauseated
4.) After sometimes hours of nauseated feeling, I would be sick to stomach
5.) More intestinal pain
6.) slowly over a day or two the pain would subside
7.) things would work again
8.) we'd get a cheese pizza and I would feel good for a while. Don't know if the pizza did me any good, but it made it seem like I was doing something.

THis happened many times over a several year period

After a memorable attack during the Blues Brothers Movie, I can never finish watching it.

severe abdominal cramps and in my back, feeling like I'm going to crap my pants even though there's nothing left to come out, I hate those days! haven't had one in a long long time thankfully. my first sign of a flare up is loss of appetite, bloated feeling and eventually I vomit over every little thing, even if there's a breeze and I feel the hair move on my arms it could set me off. and when I do eat I have to go to the bathroom before I even swallow the first bite. its so annoying and gross.

I feel bloated and uncomfortable for a while. Then it will slowly build toward the big D, with waves of pain, and sometimes sharp pains. Eventually, the D will start having blood on it, so then I will call. Fatigue gets worse as this goes along.

I have the same symptoms as you...waves of cramps/pain with goosebumps and chills and then the D and then exhaustion. I was in remission for almost 2 years but the past couple of weeks I've had my symptoms coming back and think I am flaring up. Oh, also get terrible back ache when I am having cramps. :poo: