• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What does remission feel like?

Just wondering what other people experience when they are in remission? I have no idea if I am or not.....last time I thought I was doing ok I had a huge mass of inflammation and had to have surgery, now am on humira, along with imuran which I have taken for years. I still get occassional pain, daily d's, occassional blood, now have some embarassing issues with my rear end....also feel like I have some leakage mostly at night (sorry - TMI!) Have also had a few times when I have a day of flu-like feelings but the next day am fine - I have had this before but when I was in a major flare.
When someone is in remission can they expect to have no d and no pain? Would love to hear about others experiences so I can cheer myself up a bit....feeling a bit whingey today :ymad: