• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What does your Crohn’s pain feel like?

Scipio

My pain occurs in the lower right abdomen, and it feels like a persistent dull ache that drags on for weeks. It kind of feels like I pulled an abdominal muscle, but the pain actually comes from under the muscle. Prior to my diagnosis I thought it was a pulled abdominal muscle. I thought I had a weak spot on my abdominal muscles that kept getting injured somehow.

Ater getting diagnosed and treated, in my case with Stelara, I went into remission and the pain went away.

I almost never feel pain even during a flare up. I may have no energy, and have discomforts related to the BM, but there is no pain.

Last serious flare up was 2011 - constant abdominal pain that would interrupt my sleep, chills, loss of appetite, fatigue

Since then I have "mini flare ups" in which certain "trigger foods" would cause abdominal inflammation and "waves" of abdominal cramps lasting anywhere from 4 to 12 hours. Women describe them as labor pains, only worse. I identified the "trigger foods" and the "minis" are far less frequent.

Always in the lower abdomen.

Last serious flare up was 2011 - constant abdominal pain that would interrupt my sleep, chills, loss of appetite, fatigue

Since then I have "mini flare ups" in which certain "trigger foods" would cause abdominal inflammation and "waves" of abdominal cramps lasting anywhere from 4 to 12 hours. Women describe them as labor pains, only worse. I identified the "trigger foods" and the "minis" are far less frequent.

Always in the lower abdomen.
Can u help me? My son has been in intense pain n right lower area sever at times his dr is thinking IBS gonna do scoping in March! What are the trigger foods I should watch out for he’s only 16

Scipio

Can u help me? My son has been in intense pain n right lower area sever at times his dr is thinking IBS gonna do scoping in March! What are the trigger foods I should watch out for he’s only 16
Does the pain go away after bowel movement? Abdominal pain that is relieved by bowel movment is the classic IBS symptom. If the pain is not relieved ten it might suggest something more inflammatory. The scopes should be key in figuring out what is wrong.