• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What is going on with me?!

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted. To make a long history shorter, around age 7, I started having GI issues. I saw a gastroenterologist and they did a few tests. I never got a diagnosis. Fast forward to 2014, my symptoms escalated. I saw a new pediatric gastroenterologist and within my second visit, he wanted to scope me. I had an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. Everything came back normal. I am now 18. My symptoms include abdominal pain, abdominal cramping, crazy bloating, nausea, sometimes I'm repulsed by food, mostly in the morning, constipation and diarrhea, bloody mucus or just mucus or blood by itself in my stools, gas, frequent and sudden urge to go, feeling like I still need to go when I can't push anything else out, frequent burping, weak and fatigued all the time, and just a general unwell feeling. I just dropped off a stool sample today and there was some blood. The blood is dark red, not bright red. My GI seems to think I just have IBS but I think it's something more. I'm kind of fed up with him but I don't have the best insurance and he's the only person I can see. I almost forgot... My 15 year old brother got diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in the summer of 2012. I don't know what to do. I am in so much pain! Does anyone have any advice for me? Thank you.

Have you tried ibs, crohns specific diets yet? It helps quite a bit for some of us. If things become too painful try fasting for 24 hours to give your system a rest.

There's the elimination diet and scd diet and paleo. Detailed info of them are on this site and Google. A vegan diet has helped me in the past and now I'm on scd.