• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What is going on?

Gees. I can't win. Now I've lost 3lbs in 3 days (back to 99lbs). I knew I had muscle atrophy (very sudden). It feels like I'm fading. I just don't know what is going on and my doctors are all puzzled. I was having normal stool so this shouldn't be happening. I did start having D but it just started and I believe it might have been from the B12 injection.

I just don't know what to do anymore. What if I have a metabolic disorder on top of crohn's disease? It doesn't matter how much I eat, I'm constantly hungry. Last time they checked my thyroid and everything came back normal. Nothing makes sense.

I just hope they can get those blood results soon.

Thanks for listening everyone :)

Treatments: Current- pentasa
Past- pred. aciphex, ranitidine
Other: Multi-vitamin, calcium,
digestive enzymes, probiotics,
fish oil, ginger

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm waiting on my blood work too. The waiting game sucks I know. :( There are lots of things that can cause weight loss. I hope you find out what it is soon (and hopefully through your blood work).

Thanks CrabbyRelish.

I hurt all over. My bones hurt so much and my ribs hurt :( :( Everything pops and clicks and grinds. I feel like I'm on fire again only its all over. Everywhere. I'm not sure what to do.

I'll have to be patient and just wait for the blood results. :yfrown:

Last edited:
aw you sound miserable.

the weight loss, muscle atrophy, and fatigue may be DUE to the D. have you been drinking like crazy? i know when i have D (with an ileo it comes out as pure water lol), it takes everything out of me. all the sudden just walking up the stairs is enough to make me dizzy and kick my heartrate up to 120. but then after a couple days of drinking to replace, i feel better.
this just happened to me a few days ago actually. wednesday....i lost a good 3-4 lbs of water. so after that i weighed a lot less of course, felt like my body didnt work when i tried to move or go somewhere.
and now im feeling a lot better. i started feeling better on friday actually. so hopefully you will recover quickly too.

you said you got b12 thats good...do you take iron as well? depending on what your bloods come back as, if your hemoglobin is low then iron supplements should help as well. anemia gives you that total crap feeling too =/

girl that is so weird that you say you are always hungry? do you actually eat a lot and keep it down and everything? or just hungry but cant eat well?

either way, when your intestines are inflamed or irritated....they cannot do their job of absorbing nutrients. you prbably know this blah blah blah. so it could be that no matter how much you eat, it pretty much just passes thru. your poo may be just as nutritious as the food it began as haha. and as your body is working hard to fight the inflammation, it tells you it wants more food more food, but what you do eat doesnt even make it in...so maybe thats why youre extra hungry? vicious cycle.

Hey Wolfem, I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. It sounds awful. Could you possibly have a blockage? I ask because I didn't even realize I had a blockage and then the weight went off and all heck broke loose. I'll be keeping you in my prayers and I hope you get some answers soon. If you need to don't worry about going to the ER.

Jeff

Thanks guys :D

I was having normal stool until I got the B12 and that is one of the effects it can have. Oh well. I've always been hungry even when I started absorbing food recently. I had normal stool for 2 weeks but I was still starving. That's the part that was puzzling to me. I feel like all I do is eat, eat, eat even when I do have normal stools. Maybe my body is trying to catch up. This bone pain is widespread now. The numbness went away after the B12 but my bones are still hurting. Maybe I'm D deficient. At any rate, I can't wait to get my blood results! Not only that but everyone around me just doesn't seem to understand. They all think I'm fine but I'm in so much pain. And, gees, I look really thin!

I don't think I have a blockage because they did an agile pill on me the other day and it cleared. I don't know. That could definitely be a possibility but I surely hope not.:shifty-t:

Thanks again for all your support.

-Mary

Last edited:
aw you sound miserable.

the weight loss, muscle atrophy, and fatigue may be DUE to the D. have you been drinking like crazy? i know when i have D (with an ileo it comes out as pure water lol), it takes everything out of me. all the sudden just walking up the stairs is enough to make me dizzy and kick my heartrate up to 120. but then after a couple days of drinking to replace, i feel better.
this just happened to me a few days ago actually. wednesday....i lost a good 3-4 lbs of water. so after that i weighed a lot less of course, felt like my body didnt work when i tried to move or go somewhere.
and now im feeling a lot better. i started feeling better on friday actually. so hopefully you will recover quickly too.

you said you got b12 thats good...do you take iron as well? depending on what your bloods come back as, if your hemoglobin is low then iron supplements should help as well. anemia gives you that total crap feeling too =/

girl that is so weird that you say you are always hungry? do you actually eat a lot and keep it down and everything? or just hungry but cant eat well?

either way, when your intestines are inflamed or irritated....they cannot do their job of absorbing nutrients. you prbably know this blah blah blah. so it could be that no matter how much you eat, it pretty much just passes thru. your poo may be just as nutritious as the food it began as haha. and as your body is working hard to fight the inflammation, it tells you it wants more food more food, but what you do eat doesnt even make it in...so maybe thats why youre extra hungry? vicious cycle.
I have tons of food allergies :( I only recently started to eliminate them completely but there isn't many things I can eat in the way of carbs. Beans, I can have beans but not navy. lol. I've also always had a really high metabolism. It was so hard for me to get up to 100lbs when I was younger.

I'm glad you are doing better :) I don't normally have a problem with D until I had the shot. My stools were always bright yellow and fatty but no D. Now they are green and loose. Ewe. Hate to be so descriptive.

Last edited:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
The only way I can think of is for you to gain weight (I dont have that problem lol) is to drink Ensure with extra protein and calories. It could help. :hang:

Thanks Pen! Everyone on here is so supportive. :hug:

It looks like my pain is subsiding more and more. Thank goodness. I don't want to have to drop out of school again. What a bummer.

I think that my integrative doctor (specializes in autoimmune diseases :)) is helping me out greatly with all of this. He is such a good doctor. I'm even able to email him to ask him questions and voice my concerns. He calls me back right away and gets me in the next day. I think he is putting me on the right track. I just started the regimen he put me on and so far everything looks like its slowly coming together. He says he has had lots of success with it. Plus, he is the only one that thought it was necessary for me to have a DEXXA bone scan and test me for B12 deficiency + a whole range of blood tests. He ordered them for me. I've sort of stopped going to the other doctors because they seem clueless as to what vitamins I should be taking and foods I should be eating. Even my GI doctor keeps giving me the wrong info; telling me I shouldn't be worried about vitamin B12 deficiency. I guess some doctors know more about crohn's than others. I'm still searching for a new GI doctor.

I hope everyone is doing good.

-Mary

Treatments: Current- pentasa
Past- pred. aciphex, ranitidine
Other: Multi-vitamin, calcium,
digestive enzymes, probiotics,
fish oil, and ginger:smile:

Last edited: