• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What is so bad about having a high level of 6mp?!

The first and last time I went into remission, my MMP level was 13,000+...an accident of being too high lol, sure my liver was slightly elevated...took myself off eventually because I felt great. This time when it came back, not too much progression,I feel like my GI didn't give it enough time :( I was on 50 mg Nov-Feb, 75mg Feb-May. My levels were a little in the upper limit of normal still with RLQ pain, so they told me Humira. UMM, I'd rather risk liver problems down the line than deal with new problems from Humira that can affect your heart, new diseases, palpitations/shortness of breath (since loading dose 2 weeks ago) and I feel like 6mp/Imuran give deep deep remissions....something about a liquid doesn't make me all that confident lol. Sure the cancer scare might be higher with the immunosuppressants, but I didn't have any of these heart palps with 6mp...maybe because I'm already used to 6mp? IDK...but all i've done is run...and i feel like going back to my first doctor so he can give me a high level again lol. I honestly believe 6mp/Imuran work at a higher level, eventually if enough time is given!

Simply put high level = liver damage
You can't live without a liver and there are other drug options
Including methotrexate