• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What is this in the stool?

Yesterday my daughter alerted me to her stool looking funny. It was the desired color and consistency, however there was white solid looking piece or possibly 2 pieces in it. Could this be mucus? It really was almost solid and not jelly-like or stringy as mucus has been in the past and also looked very white. It did not resemble any kid of undigested food either. Best description on appearance is a chocolate cookie with a macadamia nut in it, sorry if I'm ruining anyone's favorite cookie with that description. ;)

crohnsinct

Girl! We are IBD parents! You CAN'T gross us out! I eat lunch while reading this stuff.

How big are the pieces? Remind me, is she on Pentasa? I have read on here where pieces of Pentasa pass in the stool.

Girl! We are IBD parents! You CAN'T gross us out! I eat lunch while reading this stuff.

How big are the pieces? Remind me, is she on Pentasa? I have read on here where pieces of Pentasa pass in the stool.
LOL, I know, I felt like I needed to apologize the first time. It actually happened during dinner, I went to inspect, dig through it and then sat back down to eat. She was amazed...I am alas one of you. haha

She is on Lialda. I googled before asking and saw some 'white balls' with Pentasa but nothing else. It was not a ball shape. The piece was small, half a dime size in diameter and then got thinner and longer once I looked inside. Again, it was solid like though which is what is throwing me off.

crohnsinct

LOL! We are an elite group!

I would chalk it up to something she ate and just watch for a trend.

Just wait until it is middle of the night and you are in there with a flashlight:ylol:

LOL! We are an elite group!

I would chalk it up to something she ate and just watch for a trend.

Just wait until it is middle of the night and you are in there with a flashlight:ylol:
Too funny. Thanks, she has a FCP next week and back into the Doctor in 3 weeks so that is good.

I took a photo just in case, I keep waiting for the time I open my phone to show someone something and the lead photo is stool. :p

I think I figured out what it might have been. She's been eating these puffy 'dried' apples and also a fair amount of watermelon. Cutting both those out for now just in case. She never had food intolerance before even with her Celiac, but has had some mild stomach cramps the last 2 days. Stool was normal yesterday but looked like she's a little dehydrated. Trying not to freak out but I am freaking out. So glad we go back soon for peace of mind.