• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What labs should doc monitor on Remicade?

My son, 21, has received the first 3 infusions and will be seeing his doctor next week by himself. He had prelabs to exclude TB, Hepatitis but hasn't had any labs that we know of since he started Remicade in October. What labs are generally checked and at what frequency if things are going well?

Thank you!

recommended that full bloods should be checked 4 days prior to each infusion, apart from that any other testing done only if conditions change I was told

my little penguin

Staff member
A lot of docs order labs at the infusion
They draw blood during the process of placing the iv
So your son may not have noticed .
Ds had
AST/alt
CBC
SED rate
Crp
Cmp
Plus others

MLP, I wondered whether he might have had blood drawn when the IV was started but my son said he was sure they didn't. I guess he'll find out at the apt.

Done when they put the IV in for us as well at the start of each infusion. We've talked about doing it every other one but that is only because his labs don't generally tell the story

I feel as though I'm been under monitored, as I only have labs done annually. I'm on Remicade, Lialda, Budesonide and other supplements etc.
I'm due for work up next month.