• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What next

hi im new on here. i first started getting really ill last august with bloody diarra and stomach cramps got told its a stomach bug. in September had to have operation for a perianal abcese and fistule to be drained.
back to the doctors in october for blood test that was normal,
so in november i changed doctors because the first wasn't helping me and discused crohns with my new gp and said its possible so he sent me to see a consultant
seen the consultant in January and he sent me for a berium meal and colonoscopy which happened in march. going back for the results tomorrow will my doctor finally start treating me because ive been ill now for 8 months or do i still have to do more test.

The colonoscopy should suffice to be able to diagnose problem. They may additionally take blood tests. Hope they will be able to help you. Good luck!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The doc should have been able to tell you a bit of what they saw right after the colonoscopy was done - did they say anything at all after the procedure? What symptoms do you currently get? Do you notice whether certain foods make things worse?

I hope today's appt has given you some answers, please keep us updated on how you get on.

AB
xx

Welcome to the Forum Madconnell2012:

What was your official diagnosis after the colonoscopy? Has your doctor offered a specific treatment plan?

Lisa

hi im new on here. i first started getting really ill last august with bloody diarra and stomach cramps got told its a stomach bug. in September had to have operation for a perianal abcese and fistule to be drained.
back to the doctors in october for blood test that was normal,
so in november i changed doctors because the first wasn't helping me and discused crohns with my new gp and said its possible so he sent me to see a consultant
seen the consultant in January and he sent me for a berium meal and colonoscopy which happened in march. going back for the results tomorrow will my doctor finally start treating me because ive been ill now for 8 months or do i still have to do more test.
Welcome to the forum. I hope they were able to give you the results on Friday. I agree, they should have had something to share with you right away, but most people are too groggy afterwards to remember anything. (I dont know why they always forget that)
If they could not give you a positive result, they should do a pillcam so they can check your small intestines as well. The colonoscopy only checks the colon and the last section of the small intestines. The endoscopy goes to the stomach... let us know what they said.

You will find great support on here and so much information.
I am sorry you have been faced with this, but we are here to help if you have any more questions...

Hello MadConnell

Was reading your post and wondered how the appointment went on the 18th, did you find out anything? I hope that by now you have received some answers and that a possible treatment plan has been decided. From what I can understand it can sometimes take a long time for a diagnosis (I went into hospital with tummy pains and found out very quickly what was wrong) and a battery of tests, those that you mentioned, are carried out, I agree with Hope345 that a pill cam investigation may be done, but hopefully there is enough information available to them now to make a decision.

Please let us know how you got on, good luck.