• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What next?

Hello everyone my name is Steph. I am a 36 yr old mother of two active teenage boys and married to a very patient man, making me a very grateful wife. I've been a Crohn's patient for 9 years and for the most part its been eventful, and to say the least quite challenging. Just recently I was diagnosed with a fistula on the back end of my rectum to my labia. I suspect I've had this problem for three years, I just could never get a Doctor to order the right scan to prove it. Due to the waiting, I've had, approximately 6 diagnosis of BV during those three years. Finally I got a doctor to hear me out. I now have a Seton Loop, with future plans for a flap. I've had my Seton for two months. Well here is my question, What's next? What are the success of a flap, what are the disadvantages of keeping the Seton for the rest of my life, and finally, what is the chances of my fistula disease progressing. HELP??

scottsma

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question but there will be someone along soon who has had your experience.I just wanted to welcome you to the forum

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum.

What type(s) of medication are you on for your Crohns'? I had a similar fistula, which was healed when I was put on Remicade...I actually had a couple of fistulas at the time - NO surgical intervention, it was wait and see (I wasn't getting infections etc thankfully) until I was approved for Remicade. Been on it now for 12+ years!!!

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for the welcome. I am currently on Humira and Azathilaprine. I've been on Remicade once before and my body rejected it. It was one of the first infusions I received after diagnosed. I wonder sometimes if I can return back to a medication.