• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What Now?

Not Happy.

I've had Crohns since my 20s. Doctors first put me on Prednisone which worked for a few years, we then tried a host of other drugs with no success.

My Dr. then suggested Remicade. The wonder drug which gave me 5yrs of relief until it stopped working.

We then tried Humira, and it gave me another 4yrs until it too stopped.

Which brings us to the present, I took Cimzia and after 4 weeks with no effect we tried Simponi.

I've been on Simponi just over 4 weeks now and it does not seem to be working.

My Dr. says my body may have built up anti-bodys to this whole family of Bio Drugs.

With no other wonder drug in the cabinet I've had to work through my flares.

My boss called me yesterday "concerned" about my time off.

So I'm sitting here with a raging head ache and in between trips to the bathroom I'm thinking about the possibility of losing my job, and a future of feeling too sick to enjoy my active lifestyle.

This Sucks……...

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear you've run the gamut of medications :( My heart goes out to you.

My suggestion would be to check out the clinical trial linked in my signature.

All my best to you.

Hi There,

- There is a new biologic called Entyvio (vedolizumab) which is NOT an anti-tnf-a like remicade and its derivatives... according to trials this drug is more effective for UC than CD, but it is approved to both.

- I assume you already tried all immunosuppersants before going onto biologics back then ?

- As David mentioned there are few trials which may be worth checking out... I'd say start with:
SSI (Qu Biologics)
RHB104 (Redhill Biopharma)
and there are few more...

- Where is your disease located ? What are the symptoms ?

Hope you feel better soon.
Try not to worry too much about your job; forget about your boss. The ONLY important thing now is your health. When you are back on your feet you will get along, at the current job or another.

All the best.