• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What time of day

what time of day

do you have the worst pain?

Mine seems to start in the middle of the night & continues through most of the morning.

I normally get up around 3 am due to the nagging pain in my lrq & tailbone & pace the floor.

After I've paced the floor for a while, my tummy sounds like a pot of water @ full boil.

Then the d starts & the gas follows that.

After I've been up about 3 hours, I force myself to eat some toast & start getting ready for work.

By about 2 in the afternoon the pain just eases back to a heavy feeling in my right side.

I don't eat lunch & have not much desire for dinner, so have just been eating something light like soup.

Was just scoped from both directions, had an upper gi/ small bowel follow through 10 tubes of blood taken & just booked a hida test.

My GI swears it's Crohns, but he can't seem to locate it.

Any ideas what I can do to get a full night's sleep , without taking drugs ?

All I'm taking is Aciphex & it just barely takes the edge off.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I think I'm like you. I get most of my Crohns and reflux pain at night. I also have some of the pain in the morning.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
That is what I'm tempted to do because I'm battling some horrible acid reflux and the medication is helping some, but hurting my Crohns. Ugh!

give it a go, you have nothing to lose.

They put me on Prilosec when it first hit the market as a prescription drug & it gave me the worst abdominal cramps.

I now tell all my Docs if it starts with "omp" forget it, as it makes me feel worse.

I have taken every single ppi & acid blocker out there & none of them help.

At one point I was drinking liquid antacid straight from the bottle trying to put out the fire in my tummy.

That did wonders for the runs. ( NOT !)