• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What to do?

I typically have a Crohns flare 2-3 times a year. Take Asacol, Probiotics, Vitam D and B-12 all the time. When I flare I take Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone. After flare have tried 6MP
twice which makes muscles and joint have severe pain. Recently have tendonitis of hamstring in hip. I think this has made my Crohns flare for past 3 weeks. Have not taken any meds this time (not serious flare). Cipro, Flagyl and Prednisone make me crazy sick. So you take one thing to help Crohns and
get sick from the meds. I am really trying to control this cramping and pain
with liquids and soft foods. Prior to flare I was eating some fresh fruit (had been feeling great for awhile and forgot). Does anyone see correlation between tendonitis and flare?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I had tendonitis pop up years ago (think I was flaring, but I was almost constantly in a flare back then) - mine manifested as bilateral tendonitis in my wrists! Talk about being painful and annoying - especially since I worked on a computer for work.

If you are regularly flaring on your current meds, it is probably a good idea to consult with your doctor about trying another medication that can hopefully keep you in remission. Remember, the flares do cause damage that you can't see...and could end up getting worse and worse (they did for me).....