• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What to take for headache?

So I just started MTX on Saturday. I woke up this morning nauseous and with a killer headache. I popped a couple excedrin migraine. Then I got on here and read I'm not supposed to take aspirin with mtx, which is in excedrin. I know I can't take ibuprofen/aleve. What can I take for a headache? Acetaminophen? That's not aspirin, right? Should I call my doc and tell her I had aspirin? I didn't know I wasn't supposed to take it. :shifty:

can say that acetaminophen is not aspirin based, in the UK known as paracetamol, and I use that but as a soluble form for headaches.

but not on MTX... hope it goes!

AZMOM

Take Tylenol. The doc has us predose Claire with a tylenol and benadryl one hour prior to injection. We typically repeat the tylenol the following morning.

Hugs,

J.

rygon

I normally take paracetamol, but I find tiger balm is great as well (and it isnt a drug)