• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What was your poop like today?

Today, i had the perfect poop. Let me explain. It was approximately 3-4 inches long, probably about 1 inch in diameter (Guessing here people.....i didn't measure! :p). it was a perfect golden brown color, and appeared soft, all in one piece, not these rabbit turds stuck together i seem to get sometimes. It did not hurt my poor little anus, nor did i have to wipe 12,000,000,000 times to get all the reside off my bum. I felt no need to apply Calmo. Today, i had the perfect poop. :)

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Gosh, I never thought I would be jealous of another person's poop!....The Prednisone is doing something good for you Pam! That is terrific news.....Did you do a happy poop dance? I know I would have!

How sad is it that it was the highlight of my day? And i was like "I have to post this on CF, they'll understand!"
Yay for pred.....I mean, I haven't always had D, I go back and forth from D and C, but nothing normalish like this!

Edit: LOL, thanks IMP, i never though i'd have someone jealous of my poop! I did a happy bum dance, 'cause it didn't hurt. :)

Congrats!!!! I however found out today that grapefruit is NOT my friend (sighs) and it used to be my favorite fruit...

Astra

congratulations Tam

' Oh Happy Day'

yes the Preds have turned my poos back to normal too!

i am waiting for my perfect poop.....been on pred for over a week now and waiting, waiting....my appetitie is still not up to scratch yet so still on soups and shakes so any poops i have had are weird loose ones dotted with pentasa pellets.....decorative but not functional...

...waiting waiting......

well done guys! so proud of your perfect poops!

Astra

Erazer it stinks of fish!!

RING OF FIRE !!

and the flames rose up......
good ol Johnny Cash

Hoorah for Germoloids!
no-one told me I'd get constipated from Preds!

Today's poo had to be lowered with a JCB ! lol x

Nyx

Glad I'm not the only one who scrutinizes her poop! Since the surgery mine have been as close to perfect as I can get :)

Thats great Pam!!! The pred is working for you!!

TMI Warning: I find it funny that we call them normal poops. I remember the days where I would have one big "coiler" that was like 1.5-2 inches in diameter and a good 6 inces long and solid! Now Im just happy with my 1/2 inch x 3 inchers and its like soft serve ice cream!

Last edited:
LOL FOG.
When things are bad for me, but not quite D, i have these ones that look like buttercream icing, little jelly worm type poops, that fill the stinking bowl past the water, it boggles my mind! LOL

Astra

never thought I'd be 'looking back in anger' at me poo every day neither!

ha ha love the pebbled dashed Pentasa ones too, they're the best!

hahahaha. this thread is highly entertaining to say the least. i am just hoping my "normal" friends don't walk up behind me while i'm reading this, they'd think something is wrong with me mentally. haha :)

mharvey90 said:
hahahaha. this thread is highly entertaining to say the least. i am just hoping my "normal" friends don't walk up behind me while i'm reading this, they'd think something is wrong with me mentally. haha :)
Lol

darn I always miss out on the good stuff.

No poop for me today. I had my usual couple of lb poop last night so I have to refill :(

ameslouise

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this, but I had to share a funny story.....

I got up last night around midnight to use the bathroom. Something I ate did NOT agree with me (probably the curried carrot soup - I finally figured out how spicy is TOO spicy for me). I didn't quite make it to the toilet..... So I am standing there, cleaning up the toilet seat, with my pj bottoms and undies around my ankles, and I accidently back up into the radiator and OUCH! I totally burned my arse on the radiator! After I burned my arse on the soup!!!!

What a night!

I slept like a baby the rest of the night, though, and am now enjoying a snow day off from work!!

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
AmesLouise, that is pretty funny. Good luck with cleaning that one up. I think it was the right thread for that.

Mine have been constant, yet I still wonder where its all coming from. I haven't been eating a lot. Maybe my water is turning solid?? Who knows. Mine is much like Fogs, soft serve. Lol, that still cracks me up.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Ouch is right Amy!...Does anyone else play Russian roulette with their bowels? I never learn. I went out to breakfast with a friend this morning. Just as I was leaving the restaurant, I felt that twinge but decided I could make it home....Bad idea. I did make it home, just barely...But why do I torture myself like that?

ameslouise

Mmmm. IHOP Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity. Although for IMP it sounds like it was Rooty Tooty Squish and Sharty. Hope you made it to the b-room okay!

IHOP is International House of Pancakes - chain restaurant that serves Bfast all day among other things. Sooooo good.

IMP, i totally play russian roulette with my bowels.....i'm sure i'll never learn either. I also eat crap that i know won't agree with me because it's tasty and i think it will be worth it......never is.

i got really fed up last night and decided to have the other half of my sisters chinese that she left when she was up visiting....bearing in mind i havent reallly had anything other than soup and scrambled eggs over the past couple weeks! well that got things moving! was like i was back on bowel prep for a scope....phew! the chinese was good tho....yum x

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
Hey Gibby,

Chinese food is great. However not for me either. Oh, how I miss it. :( I know what it does to me too. Its liquid fire! Never fun.

Well, i'm back to my pre-pred poops. :( Lovely pencil poops, i feel like i'm going more, and am like 'yes, finally, a poop' then i get up and take a look and i'm like oh, scratch that. :( little wormy pencil poops for me. :(

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
Pam you gotta get that checked seriously. I know you are trying.... I just concerned for you hon.

YEAY FOR A NORMAL POOP!!! I'm so happy for you! Normal poops and normal farts are just the best don't you think? I have a ostomy bag now so my poop is rated from liquid (bad) to oatmeal-like (best it will get). And my stoma farts into my bag so it sounds like a ventriloquist farting. I've yet to look to the person next to me and act like it's their fault because I've not been out in the real world that much since my surgery. I'm so glad for you and for all of us who have found a reason to smile today! Sharon

This thread is hillarious.... no poo for me today. I oscillate between major constipation and mega diarrhea these days. Tomorrow I'll probably be making up for the lack of poo today.

I'm taking Ferrogradumet (Iron supplement) which always results in black poo dotted with Pentasa granules. Once in a while I spot the whole Ferrogradumet tablet in my poop which means the tablet just went on a joy ride!!

This seems to be the place for the poo questions, I was a little confused, my daughter, Susan, is getting ready for her first colonoscopy tomorrow and well I was told her belly would cramp alot over the past 3 days due to the magnesium citrate. Well I am very happy to report she had NO yes I said NO cramping. She has been to the restroom several times (like expected) but what does it mean that she did not have the cramps? Does it mean she did not have any poo in her colon to break down? or what? The other thing is how do I know her colon is empty? All she is pooing now is yellow liquid. Just curious

I always try and make it home from work rather than go to the only loo we have that everyone has to use and they can all hear you in there! I do the most amazing walk dance thing trying to get out of the car, open the garage door and in to the house to the loo that is fortunately right by the garage. I always hope the neighbours are not outside when I get home in that condition. Lol!

Hey Susans Mom, yeah i think as long as you are getting results from the prep then you should be fine, dont worry.....as long as she is going to the loo and emptying her bowels then thats the aim i think, i wouldnt worry about the lack of cramps, i would embrace it! Hope all goes well for you ...

Well, I've had almost 19 months of either:

TOTAL Liquid poo

OR

Cowpat stylie poo

Completely disgusting. You'd think that max steroids, max immuno's & max anti-inflammatories could produce something a little more formed that this stuff (I see the consultant tomorrow, Grrrrrrrr).

i am cracking up laughing here at work. to funny. but know the feeling. can't remember when i've had a "perfect" one.

ohhh, wow,Im talking about my poop to ppl I dont even know.This is what Crohn's has done to me! My poop is sick.It looks so sad! But I am trying to keep a good outlook and I know it will get better soon! i am so jealous of your turds..LMAO

I actually had one of the largest of my life today. Very well formed :roflanim: It was like something finally opened up enough to allow stuff to finally pass through. I was also feeling well yesterday and ate a lot (Pred gives me the munchies).

Unfortunately I am in a lot of pain today, starting right below my rib cage on the left side and trailing down to about belly button. Weird, because usually my lower right side (particularly where the IC valve is) is what hurts.

ang_gen said:
ohhh, wow,Im talking about my poop to ppl I dont even know.
I know, weird isn't it? Not really when you think about it though, because everyone here is in the same boat.

-JD

the sound reminded me of spraying a water hose jet nozzle into a bucket ( a sound that stands out in my mind from washing cars i guess), had a laugh, didn't even give it a visual, knew how the day was gonna be!!! Many times when i've had a house full of friends over, they ALL hear me going and LOL, I do too! it's so much fun to make lite of something like this!

Basketcase said:
Violet! I have had 13 years of this kind of poo! I start Remi next week, maybe I will get a nice surprise! :ylol2:
Basket, you're a veteran of structurally challenged poo!! I hope the remicade helps you to produce perfects turds, like Barbara Hepworth sculptures. Lol

Been alternating between C, and D, also sometimes not at all that day, haven't been eating a real lot. However, yesterday I had one that was so big and hurt to go so bad- that it felt like I should have to sign a birth certificate or something. Felt like I should name the darn thing before the john adopted it!:ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2:

Jerman said:
Been alternating between C, and D, also sometimes not at all that day, haven't been eating a real lot. However, yesterday I had one that was so big and hurt to go so bad- that it felt like I should have to sign a birth certificate or something. Felt like I should name the darn thing before the john adopted it!:ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2:

:ylol2: What was it's name?