• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Whatever!!!!!!!

I could just scream or rip out my hair!!!
What a jerk!...deep breath....still pissed!
I'm trying to school our 5 year old at home. We also have a two and a half year old and a one year old.
I leave today and take the two younger ones with me(had to get my dad from work). He was home for 2 hours with my daughter and did NOTHING. Oh, wait, I'm wrong, he watched TV! I wish I could watch the TV.
He than sat in there for the rest of the night, even when I took our kindergartner to the kitchen to finish her school work at 8pm!
I am nuts...is it wrong of me to think he could get off his a*se and help?
I am so pissed!!!!!!:voodoo:
My doc just told me I need to eliminate my stress. Right, this really helps.
I finally lost it when he left the gate open in the hall and our one year old took off and he never knew.
He told me to 'calm down'. I lost it and started crying. He went upstairs took his shower, came down, said he was sorry. Then he says to me after watching my daughter write her name that I should get her to write her S's better. Yes, that's right, I gave him "the lok".
He left for work and I feel terrible.

Thanks for listening to me ramble:)

M

mrs. vr

I'm sorry Molly, that sounds really frustrating. I know I take it VERY personally if my husband even somehow innocently implies that the kids aren't learning something well. It's also a lot more work than some people realize, being home with the kids. Is it worth it? Absolutely. Is it always a walk in the park? heeeeeeeeeeeeeck no.

Hugs to you.

Creepy,with foot solutions, no doubt...lol
Thanks for the support.
He's allowed to be an a** sometimes, I guess.

Molly, first I love the tag lines, husbands, idiots :ylol2:

After 18 years of marriage I used to stay silent but now I say something if I need help. I refuse to get myself pissed off and still get stuck doing all the work. Actually, my husband is usually quite helpful so I can't complain too much about him. We have a 15 year old son (who's pretty self sufficient) and an 8 year old daughter with autism. My husband sometimes avoids dealing with our daughter, especially at homework time. He always says that she's closer to me, but homework is challenging for her and time consuming. The other day I told him "I know it's not convenient having to help her with her homework, but no one said having kids would be convenient, especially one with special needs". I guess I guilt him into it. But I don't care, now I speak up!

Hang in there.

Art

Thanks, Art.

Guilt, huh?
Soooo that's the secret of your 18 years...lol
I do speak up, he just gets moody cuz I do.
I'm working on trainingg him proper....lol