• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What's Normal Anymore?

Found this forum and thought I'd give it a shot. Diagnosed with IBS several years ago, but I don't think it's right. Have reflux and have been on Prevacid for at least a decade. Recently broke my fibula after falling one step (yes, osteoporosis). Trying to stop Prevacid with Zantac, but not working as well.

Recently suffering from diverticulitis and have been chained to the bathroom at home for the last 7-10 days. Finally going back to work tomorrow, but bowels are still 'not right'. I have often told my PCP I felt 'swollen' all over. Tested allergic for so many foods I don't really know what to eat anymore. Also tested allergic to inhaled allergens (TNTC), and asthma is triggered by chemicals and fragrances. Bloating is constant. This last couple of weeks with "D" are a huge trade-off for the more common "C".

Been reading about mastocytes in the colon -- sounds plausible to me. Just frustrated and don't really know where to go next. Sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time. Is this my new normal?

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear you're going through this.

Did your doctor order the allergy testing? Have you had a colonoscopy recently? Blood work? Upper GI workup? I think some investigating on the part of the doctor would be a good start.

I hope you can get some answers and get your life back.

Sending you my support.