• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What's the name of this intestinal part?

The marked area (not the round circle) is where I feel my pain, in the lower belly on the border the pubic area. What's the name of that part?

I know it's the small intestine but is it the terminal ileum or something else?

Thank you a lot in advance!!

(I have an appointment with a GI/GE because of a perianal fistula although I suspect it has turned into a recto-vaginal one!)

Ebru, I wish I knew.
A few people on this forum are very knowledgeable and hopefully they can answer your question soon.
I just found out where the terminal ileum is located!
Sending you my support.
Lynda
Thank you for your comment and support, Lynda.
And yes I'm sure there are knowledgeable people out here!
Where is the terminal ileum located?

Scipio

Hmm...if it's not the round circle then I'm not sure which part of the small intestine is being indicated. The lower part, about 1/3rd, of the small bowel is the ileum. The terminal ileum is the portion of the ileum just prior emptying into the large bowel just above the appendix - above and to the left (the patient's right) of the drawn red circle.

Inflammation of the terminal ileum usually causes pain in the lower right region of the abdomen. If your pain is more central rather than on the right side it may indicate inflammation in the ileum somewhat upstream from the terminal portion.