• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

When did you start feeling better on Methotrexate?

I started Methotrexate about 6 weeks ago... and am only feeling marginally better. My dr started me on injections today so I'm hoping that helps. I'm wondering how long to stay on it until i try something new. How long did it take you to feel better?

never. all it did for me was get me sick for up to 2 days after the injection. my doc kept me on tho. i eventually quit on my own and got better!

the sight and thought of anything resembling the medicine makes me feel a little sick. its weird but others experience it too. i hate methotrexate.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Arin, welcome if I havent welcomed you, been offline for a spell. I was on methotrexate but it is supposed to take 16 weeks for some relief, I never got that far went to 14 weeks and I was just too ill from taking it. Hope you are taking Folic acid 1mg, it helps eleviate the nausea. Also have your blood checked once a month. Good luck with it.