• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

When will I start to feel well again.

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Hi there, I just need to vent. I found out I had crohns in Nov. 2011 when they went to take out my apendix and found crohns and did a resection on the spot. About 7 days after my resection it begain to leak and they had to go back in and fix it and they gave me a ostomy bag. I had that for 9 months and then it was reversed. I felt pretty good from the time they did the first resection, through the ilyostomy reversal (Aug 2012) until about Nov. 2012. Thats when I started to get alot of "D" again and in Jan-Feb. I started to get some pain in the righ lower side. I never had pain before. I started taking Imuran on Jan 3rd 2012 and I started to feel better starting around March 20th or so. I thought, how wonderful, maybe the Imuran is starting to work. But about 2 weeks ago I started getting more pain than I ever have had. And this last week the "D" is back to where I was back in Dec. 2012. I thought that I would be doing good for some time after the 3 operations, but I guess you can never tell with crohns.

I am so upset that this has happen. The GI told me that I could start taking Entorct. (spelling?) but I was told by the RX that the cost was over $1,200.00 a month with the kind of Insurance that I have. I'm retired and on a fixed income. Don't get me wrong, money is no real issue for me, BUT, if the cost of all of this keeps up, it could put a real DENT in what I have saved all my life for a good retirement. I get Medicare next Feb. so I hope that will help out.

I feel very blessed that I didn't have crohns much younger in my life,(or I feel blessed that it was mild and didn't hamper my work and I was able to work till retierment) My heart goes out to all the people I have met here that have lived with crohns much longer than I and most of all, the very young kids that are having a hard time with it. I would give my life to just take away the suffering of one young kid. It's just not far that some have to suffer all there life with this.

When I set and think back about the life I have had I feel so blessed to have been able to do all the things I have done. I got to play in a band and tour for 8 years, I was VP of a large co. for 9 years, I owned a Production Co. for 27 years. I have a wonderful wife of 39 years (she also has IBD, colitis) I have had a great life. But I do have alot of ""OO Poor me" days now since I have crohns, like, I wish I could eat some of the foods I like. I miss that more than anything. I set a watch the "Food Network" like a fool and think, "man, I wish I could just go back in time and eat like I used to". Learning how to get old is a job in its self, let along having crohns on top of it all. ("yep, I'm in a OO Poor me moment right now I guess")

I try to keep possitive as much as I can, but lately its been real hard. Like most of us, I just want to feel somewhat normal. I have all the time in the world now to enjoy life and I spend days on the sofa wishing I could feel good enough to do just some of the things I use to do.

As much as I don't want to start taking Pred or Entocort, I think I will spend the money and start Entocort to see if it helps. Pred. cost very little but I don't want to deal with all the side effects of it.

Thanks for letting me vet. If you have read ALL of this, than I consider you a true friend.

I know God has plans for me that are much better than what I'm going through. Just sometimes its really hard to see any light at the end of what I'm going through at the time.

Your friend,

Jim
(Pops)

Hey Jim, I have been down quite allot of times and you have always been around for me to ask questions and talk to about it. I know it doesn't sound like much but your always around when I'm pissed off and just need someone to talk to. I dont know what would have happend if I hadn't have found this forum and people like you.

Its upset me to hear that you are feeling down. I see you help and talk to so many people on this forum. I got so much of respect for you. Don't let it get you down, and keep your being you! I hope to god you feel better really soon.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.
Much thanks,
Liam.

Hey Jim I'm 48 and owned my own companies and was fighting crohns constantly. My business partner did a hostile take over of the companies and my wife of 17 years had an affair with my brother all around the same time. I went from working 16 hour days to disability and I am having a rough time so I also am having one of those oooo poor me moments. I live in constant pain and now with the added stress it makes the crohns worse. I understand what you mean about the cost of everything I am in the process of losing my insurance and can't get Medicare till December. I wish you well and hope that you will get out of the oooo me days and like you I look back at the life I had and I'm going to try very hard to start a new one. Hang in there your worth it.

Jim-

I was on entocort and I know it's expensive. I do have Ins
though so I could afford it. You may want to try calling the
Dr company for any financial help programs they might have.
Coupons etc......

I sure hope it all settles down quickly!

Lauren

afidz

Super Moderator
Hey Jim
You have been fighting this flare for a while now, I know you must be frustrated but hang in their, your time will come for remission.
I know I haven't been around much lately (but don't worry I have been in the shadows more than you think :p) but you know I am always here for you.
Soon enough all of the chat regulars will be in remission and can celebrate life together (with our computer screens!)
Lemme know if you need anything Jim, wish you the best of luck and hope you feel better soon :hug: