• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

When will it all end!!! just been told i have thickening of the ileum.

After wakin up early wednesday mornin with severe pain i my tummy and spendig 2 days in hospital (only just got out) had an xray and ct scan and countless blood tests.. xray came back showin a faecal loading and ct scan came back showin thickening of the ileum, been put on predisolone 40mg and to drop 5mg each week and ive been put on senna tablets, lactulose solution and docusate sodium.. feelin mile better so thats good :) but wen will it all end i feel like im forever ill and its really drainin and frustratin too xx

Last edited:
I have not been hospitalized yet thank goodness. But I have the same thing going on. I was just told a month ago that I have thickening in my terminal ilieum. I was put on 40mg prednisone and now I'm tapering off 10mg at a time each week. I feel better since being put on it within a few days but the side effects are harsh. I shake all the time. That's better than pain I guess. :)

I'm so sorry you are feeling so poorly again! I wish there was a magic cure for you. Have you been on humira yet or any biologics? Some here claim it was their only hope. I hope you find something soon that works for you!:hug:Thinking of you Nicola!

thanks for ur replies i just feel like its never endin atm, at my last appointment with my consultant she did mention gettin fundin for infliximab for me and ive done all the blood tests for it apart from the tb test which im waitin to have done, im back seein her on the 24th july so maybe she will decide to put me on it sooner rather than later after my stay in hospital this time round.. just have to wait and see wot her next step is xx