• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Where do you inject?

Hey guys! I have been on Cimzia for almost two years now, i went from doing 400 mg injections once a month, to 200mg every two weeks. I alternate which thigh i use for my injections. I'm worried about scarring, so i decided to try my stomach. It was so painful!! I don't have too much fat there, but i figured it was fine because i was able to grab a decent amount of subcutaneous tissue.

Where do you guys do your injections?

Not on Cimzia, however I am on methotrexate which is also sub q. I only inject in my thighs, I have considered my stomach however the only area I really have any fat to pinch is around the belly button, where you can't inject anyway. After only a couple months I am already finding it hand to not inject in the same spot (where I can still see the bump or bruise) so I too am worried about scarring.

Lady Organic

Staff member
ive been on methotrexate too. I injected on thighs and stomach too, and would alternate side each week (whats recommended for MTX) never had any bruises or scar. thighs I felt was easier.

I had been on Humira for number of years and always injected in my stomach. Never tried the thighs but I have more skin to grab a hold of on my stomach. Tomorrow I start Cimzia loading dose and plan on putting all four shots in my stomach spread apart two on each side.

I do stomach and thighs but it hurts more in the stomach. I do it about an inch way from the belly button, usually to the side.

Started Cimzia two months ago. I take 400ml/month. (2-200ml shots) I inject one on each side of my belly. An inch or so away from my belly button.