• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Where in Perth, WA to go for second opinion?

Worsening pain today, nowhere to go with the pain, again cancelling all appointments, pain pretty significant. GP, yesterday wrote a new referral letter to Professor of GI, yet a 99-year referral appears to be unacceptable. Sigmoid colon removal last year, thought pain issues over, GI put me onto 6 monthly visits, although several flare-ups during the period, GI unresponsive to all requests for help. In the past did put me onto antibiotic/cortisones infusions, with pain meds to help bring everything under control. I asked if we could do the same, he ignored the request. During my last visit to him, 5 months ago, I asked if I could see him in 2 months, he stated "no, I have many other very ill patients to see!".Has anyone else ever had this problem with their GI? Or, am I seeing the wrong type of GI? Initially, I tried many different meds, they did not work, the Professor tried to get me onto Humira, it was declined by the Government department, as I did not have Crohn's. Now, what? I think problems are coming from a restriction in the ileum area, from previous surgery. Who do I see to have this confirmed? What tests are performed? How is it diagnosed? Any help I can get today would be great. How do I join the Perth Forum or support group? Looked for the links could not find them