• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Where you are from map.....

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
This was mentioned on another thread, and was actually something I thought about doing before but never got around to.

Here is a map that you can pinpoint where you are from - you don't have to put your exact address in - even point to the nearest big city - so you can still be a bit anonymous.....

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=253605

If anyone has any problems adding yourself please let me know and I can do it for you.

Instructions:

Find your location on the map (click and drag to go any direction and zoom in and out using plus and minus on left or use the scroll on your mouse)
Click Additions with the down arrow
Chose option Add Marker - Simple (or detailed if you want more than your name)
Enter your username (using your username instead of a nickname etc helps us tag members to threads by using the name tagging system)
Enter your location (either enter city and state or by clicking on your location on the map till a red star shows on that location)
Preview it and submit if correct

Last edited:

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Groovy. Added mine. :)

Edit: For those of you who don't know how to do it:

Find your location on the map (click and drag to go any direction and zoom in and out using plus and minus on left or use the scroll on your mouse)
Click Additions with the down arrow
Chose option Add Marker - Simple (or detailed if you want more than your name)
Enter your name (crohnsforum name at least)
Enter your location (either enter city and state or by clicking on your location on the map till a red star shows on that location)
Preview it and submit if correct

Nyx

That's pretty cool! I added myself...the only purple dot out there...lol Just to be different!

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I'm not sure how to do this. I'm having a brain fart. Please add mine to Anchorage, Alaska.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Ah Dusty! I know there are other Aussies. I'm not sure sure about Alaskans though. My brother refuses to join any forum. I'm alone for a while.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Problem is...the US is gonna look like Dusty's pin cushion! Will be difficult to click on any one marker!!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
...ooooooohhhhhhh!!!!! I guess you would require a much larger pin cushion for those skewers you call knitting needles!!

Astra

Help!
I'm such a technophobe!
I've ended up in St. Helens, Oregon!!!!
Lisa help!
Move me to the UK please xxxxx

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I keep hearing people talk about being lonely. More Alaskans need to come out of hiding. I know that my brother and I are not the only ones in the state with CD. Most probably have not found this wonderful forum.

Bumping this with the hope some Kiwis may see it and join me on the map. if not im moving my pin to USA.

Bumping this with the hope some Kiwis may see it and join me on the map. if not im moving my pin to USA.
Bumping won't work, cause it's stickied. It's gonna be up at the top FOREVER. I really wish we could bump it though.. Or force every single user to place their location :p

Jessi

I keep hearing people talk about being lonely. More Alaskans need to come out of hiding. I know that my brother and I are not the only ones in the state with CD. Most probably have not found this wonderful forum.
A lot of people on this forum still don't know about this map. That's why it feels lonely!

I've joined too. Jealous of all the lovely places you all live Ha!.
Hey Bruscar, As far as the map is concerned you are just "down the road from me" :)

Done and Dusted!! :D

Condition: Crohn's Disease
Age Diagnosed: 15
Previous Meds: Prednisolone, Pentasa, Asacolon.
Meds now: NONE!!
Meds don't agree with me with Crohn's so I stopped taking them and I feel good
Feel free to have a chat!

Oh, dear! I've mucked the map up. :blush:

I ended up with a red star and it doesn't say that it is me. :oops:

Can someone please tell me how to correct this?

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Ahahahaha, I just looked at the map again and it looks like I live in the middle of nowhere! Well that could be an apt description but I do live somewhere, just not there. :eek2:

Dusty. :)

i really wish there was mpore peeps aware of this awesome feature and utilized it. Such an easy way to discover local or close local peeps

I'm just bumping this up as no-one has added to it since mid-January. New members might not know that it is there.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
What sunshine! We have had the wettest Summer I can remember! :lol: It was sunny today though...:sun::sun::sun:

LOL! Well at least send me the warm weather! ( I have friends in Melbourne and 2 in Brisbane so I get picked on all the time for talking about snow!)

So, I'm on :) And there are 3 people withing driving distance of me (the wicked thing about the UK ;)). . . . show yourselves please guys ;)
@featheryabigant, @donna, @bobbycable

I hit the submit button after I added myself, but didn't see me pop up. I guess it has to be approved or something I'm horrible at doing such things. ha.