• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Whipped Cream

We had this Thanks Giving dinner for our church this week, and I had a piece of Pumpkin pie with whipped cream. about 20 min after I ate it I was in soooo much pain I thought I was going to throw up it hurt so bad, Needless to say I spent the rest of the night running to the bathroom.:poo: I havnt tried eating it since my surgeries, and I didnt even think about it I just ate it...Which really stinks that is one of my favorite desserts at the holidays :depressed: I have been off prednisone for about 2 weeks now and I was still hurting pretty bad the next am so I called my GI and he told me to take a full dose of it (I had some left over) it helped but I wont be eating it anymore. :voodoo:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Mmmmm, love whipped cream and pumkin pie... but I have had 2 surgeries and one thing I dont eat is pastry, with the lard... and then all the sugar made with the pumpkin and never mind the whipped Cream. I know it sucks, but I find with Thanksgiving (me Turkey and never again) that foods are rich and fatty. Also helps to create kidney stones.

Are you sure its the whipped cream?
It could be the pumpkin or the pastry on the pie?
Like Jettalady said, all the lard in the pastry. I know someone who always gets affected by pastry. But its always so hard to decide what is causing it. I dnt have a clue what effects me, other than alcohol.
xxx