• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Who has had there anal skin tags removed?

I was diagnosed with crohns back in 2012 I have two skin tags one is very large uncomfortable and sometimes it gets extremely painful to walk and sit down I've been trying to get my large skin tag removed since I got my first treatment I'm currently on remicade and have been in remission since and doctors of course don't recommend it and want to treat the skin tags with creams but I haven't given up or want to listen to what doctors have to say im really insecure about these skin tags when it comes to being intimate with my partner i can't enjoy sexual pleasure because these skin tags are in the way it's very frustrating and embarrassing I do go see a surgeon soon and hopefully he/she will understand and be nice enough to remove my large skin tag i also want to know if anyone has had there skin tags removed how was recovery and did it grow back?

Are you sure they are skin tags and not hemorrhoids? If you want them removed talk to MD about how they are uncomfortable and difficult to keep clean. Because they won't remove for non medical reason, like I'm embarrassed by them (as valid as that is)....

Hi Miss Sunshinee
I think their reluctance to remove them is due to the risks of infection and incontinence surgery can bring. But im sure each case would be judged on its own merrits.
Hope you get something sorted.