• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Why am I so nauseous?

Started last night after supper I thought I ate too much. But for my that doesn't take a lot. The full feeling has been with me since then and I've thrown up 3 times since and haven't ate one thing since. No fever, no pain, still going to the washroom. Just really uncomfortablely sick to my stomach? Miracle cure anyone?

nogutsnoglory

If you are going to the bathroom I don't think it's an obstruction. You might be narrow or it could be a stomach bug. If you continue to vomit, have fever or pain I would go to the ER.

That's the weird thing. No pain, well no obstruction pain. I know what that feels like. This feels like I've been to an all you can eat buffet and I ate everything.

There's some popsicles and ice tea on its way. Hopefully I can keep that down. I debated going to the ER for the last three hours. Just not a place I like to visit.

my little penguin

Staff member
DS had chronic vomiting prior to dx of crohn's and before we found the right med.
At least call the on call Gi to let them know what is going on.

I would say this is something that is occurring frequently. Except once I throw up I'm fine. Nausuea and vomitting have never been a symptom for until recently. And mostly happens through the night. My last TPN appointment one of my GIs mentioned possibly a motility problem and that this might be a normal thing for me. But didn't offer any resolution. This time just feels different oh and I've been having crazy heartburn lately. I have pills for heartburn and being nauseous they just don't work.

I've had half an ice tea half a Popsicle and a gravol. Hopefully this goes away. I start a new job on Wednesday. Haven't worked full time in almost a year so this is a really bad time to get sick.

I don't think we really have an on call GI that I can get in touch with or I don't actually know how it's done if we do.

nogutsnoglory

Most GI's if not all doctors have to provide an emergency number for you to call. If its a larger practice they outsource to an operator that picks up and will text or email your doctor to call you.

Just call their office and see if they have an emergency line or try pressing 0.