• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Why won't my rectal discharge stop?

I am currently on 500mg x 4 pentasa daily. There are daily i can do without any rectal discharge however some days I have the discharge :(

I am not sure why this is happening. I had Mcdonalds and some junk food yesterday after a long time and this morning, I woke up and my garment had stains despite not smelling bad. Possiblt because of junk food?

Are there any solution/recommendation for stopping or reducing rectal leakages?

Hi Kancer, I don't have any experience with rectal discharge but I know when I eat fatty foods like mcdonalds or KFC I get a sore, itchy anus. I just think it doesn't agree with me so I avoid it.

My husband is on Remicade and he has 2 setons for fistulas. His discharge stopped immediately after starting Remicade but it is now back 2 months later. When we asked his GI he put him on Cipro again to see if it helps and said fistulas take 6 months minimum to heal and the discharge will come and go. He told us not to worry even if Cipro doesnt help. And I dont think it is helping. He still has the discharge. Do you have fistulas or just discharge due to Crohn's? I hope you feel better soon.

My last abscess and fistula was 2/3 years ago and I believe I do not have any fistulas now as my doctor has examined me multiple times and is certain that I do not have any fistula or abscess. It was also cross-referenced by 2 other doctors despite me having pain in my upper buttocks which is close to the hip bones.

I have told them I have rectal discharge at times and they said it's normal. It's just hard when there are stains on your clothes and you have to clean them twice or thrice just to be make sure the stain is gone and the clothes are clean.

If there's no foul smell, could it just be mucus (The stain is greenish/brownish and the texture looks pretty much like your throat mucus)