• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Will get remicade really soon help

will get remicade really soon help

I've been told by my GI that I need to get on remicade asap.

Right now I'm on pred 30 mg
and 6mp 50 mg

I've been reading on remicaide and some of the warnings on the medication is quite scary.

Is it something that only happens rarely or is ther a really big risk in taking such a medication?

Thanks

Its really rare and when it does happen, it tends to happen in young men or boys. Try not to worry about it. I was on both for awhile. Instead of worrying, I chose to do what is in my control to prevent cancer. I eat a healthy whole foods diet, rich in antioxidants (One cup of green tea everyday). I dont smoke, and I maintain a healthy weight.

I do want to get better, and I know this medecine is something that has a good chance of helping. However there are lots of horror stories with Remicade on the web. So I guess what I want is some confort telling me this is the right thing.

My wife says I should not worry but I always do....

I do want to get better, and I know this medecine is something that has a good chance of helping. However there are lots of horror stories with Remicade on the web. So I guess what I want is some confort telling me this is the right thing.

My wife says I should not worry but I always do....
Generally, people that are healthy go on with life and stay off the web. For every 1 bad story there are probably hundreds of good ones you dont hear about. ;)

Would it help if I told you I start going into remission and my fistulas closed up in 4 days? I kid you not.

It sure does help.

I went to get my pred yesterday and talked with the pharmarcist for about 15 minutes about remicade.

She's all for it.

She made it simple for me... how do you feel she ask me... I said I feel like shit nad have been for about 18 months now...

She then said... there you go... take it.

Just waiting for the person responsible for scheduling me to call.

When your doctor prescribes something like this, they weigh the benefits against the risks. The risks are really quite minimal in comparison to the benefits you will hopefully experience from being on Remicade. It is still a personal choice though whether you think it is worth it.

I am on Humira and I don't worry about it at all. Hopefully you will become more comfortable taking it once you have been on it a while. I hope the best possible outcome for you and you start feeling better quick!

i too am about to be put on remicade, the docotrs are just waiting for the infection to go down due to the fistulas i currently have. After what lydia posted i can't wait to see what happens when im finally able to take the remicade, anything to get rid of these fistulas!!!!! thanks again for that post lydia, something to look forward to. :thumleft:

Im getting my first infusion in a week and was also really worried about the risks! however, like people say if I dont have to put up with the Crohns pain then it will be well worth it!

I have to agree with that l;ast statement.

This plague as to be under control. I've been have diherea for the last 3 weeks. I'm so sore in and around the anus that I want to cry every time I have to go to the bathroom.

It's just getting out of hands