• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Will Ileocolic Resection Correct Acid Reflux Too?

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community :)

I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles, that must be rough :(

If you have ulcers in the stomach and duodenum, I don't think that the surgery is going to put you in complete remission and probably won't affect your acid reflux too much :( But it's certainly possible. And it is quite likely that you will feel a HECK OF A LOT better with this surgery, we see that a lot here.

Just to confirm, you were on total TPN prior to the recent scope that showed the stomach and duodenal ulcers?

Again, welcome to the community!

SarahBear

Hi, itsme2 - welcome to the forum!

How long have you been taking the Nexium? Did it work better in the past? Have you tried any other medications for the acid reflux? You might just need to switch to another - acid reflux medications can fail just like medications for Crohn's. They can also lose their effectiveness with time. Have you talked to your GI about it?

I'm sorry, I don't have much advice to offer in regards to the surgery, but hopefully David's post and the responses in your other thread provide the support you need. :(

:hug: I hope things go well!