• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Will it go away?

Is there anyone who feels like their whole life has been put on hold because of having Crohn's? The reason is ask is that I am at a point in my life where I should have been out of college or at least close and starting a life of my own. I have been dealing with on again, off again flares since about March of this year and I feel there is nothing that is helping. My doctor put me on Humira and spoke as if it was a miracle drug. I have been on it since late July and I have seen very little change. I have let him know but he tells me to be patient...its hard to be patient when you aren't able to attend class or go to work because you hurt so bad or can't stay off the toilet. Is there anyone out there who can offer some advice as to whether I should try another medicine? Or just advice in general...I am very open to suggestions at this point.

:ybatty:

Yeah, i was on remicade for a while and it worked...but i built up an immunity to it so thats why i was put on the humira.