• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Will the stomach flu flare my Crohns?

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if this has happened to any of you. I am currently only on Pentasa and am doing well. Im scared cause the stomach flu is going around and my stomach and intestines have been bothering me.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Pentasa is a mild drug, and if you get the flu nothing you can do about that, but if it isn't the flu, it is possible the Pentasa may not be holding your Crohns at bay. Get some rest and hope it passes, let us know ok? :hang:

If it doesn't pass in a few days I would think it's crohn's rather than the flu. I've had a stomach virus before and it not flare my crohn's, but it was gone within a few days.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
I had Norwalk in February and it was worse than any flare up I have had. While it might have been the worst two days of my life, there was a couple days of recovery but things settled back down, it just took longer than the average.